Hello fellow taxonomic enthusiasts,

  I have grown many strains of both Ipomoea hederifolia and Ipomoea
coccinea from different parts of the world and here is my firm conclusion.

The flower and leaf form may vary considerably in both of the species in
question , so do not be fooled into attempting to Identify by either the
corolla or the leaves...but , the calyx and more importantly the behavior
of the pedicel is THE most important aspect to consider and I see erect
pedicels in this set of  photos.

My conclusion is the plants shown here are Ipomoea hederifolia.

Please be aware that the references and keys are most often written by
people working in the field where precise measurements and clear closeup
photographs of all relevant parts and at all stages of growth is rarely
possible., so the keys of yesterday are somewhat obviated by the
macro-photography of the computer age...

The people who wrote many of the keys never actually grew the plants ( or
studied them every single day watching very closely every single
development of the parts at all stages of growth)  but they were often
forced to do what they could in the form of taking quick notes in the field
as they moved on to the next series of plants they hoped to get
to...quantity of information often took priority over quality and line
drawing were what was possible long before before small digital cameras.

I hope that my observations and thoughts may ultimately prove to be of
value,

regards,

Ron