Surajit ji, be careful in future while chewing any leaf. Hoping that you
have not chewed it in amount that can result in Toxicity. Here is link for
Persicaria orientalis toxicity.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Polygonum

If you have any problem due to it, please write back to me for herbal
antidotes.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia