It seems merging all native species under Cucumis melo adds to the
confusion we often get into and let us as I requested earlier initially
identify our plants by their original names. I am separating the two
distinct forms, often going under same names. This one should be C.
trigonous Roxb. I suppose.

This one is more common plant sold in markets of Punjab, Haryana and
Rajasthan under the name Kachri or Chibbar. The fruits are oval, looking
like egg, with streaks of dark green on lighter background. It is supposed
to be bitter, and mainly used as medicine, sometimes also made into chutni
or cooked as vegetable.

<https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-EeQPrxiElDc/T4Bpu50BGjI/AAAAAAAAA94/ppvPc06aLM0/s1600/Cucumis-trigonous-Chibar-Rajasthan-1.jpg>
                     Cucumis-trigonous-Chibar-Rajasthan-1

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-q42gGk8jzN8/T4Bp_AJDDpI/AAAAAAAAA-E/BozIXeJuVyI/s1600/Cucumis-trigonous-Chibar-Rajasthan-2-.jpg>