Congratulations for academic contribution.

In Jharkhand one of its names popular among the Healers is Motan Jadi
(Dinesh ji it is for you) and popularly it is added in Dhawai (Woodfordia)
based formulations.

It is also used in Gulbakawali and Maidani Bakuchi based Formulations for
herb toxicity.

Few weeks back I received its fresh and dry samples from Haridwar from Some
Swami ji of National TV for comments. It is not in commercial trade from UP
but the herb traders of Saharanpur and other areas claim that they supply
it to the Tantriks for Vasikaran Rituals. It is also available with the
Faith Healers of Jim Corbett Park region.

If interested I can forward the local names of this species in study area.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia