Hello all,

*On this world environment day today... I want to say something*

* I am sensitive and sentimental about trees and plants, i am true nature
lover but  i have to confess that i hate my self that i am  helpless , i
can't save my beloved tress from cutting down, can't do anything...*

*Mining project was declared in our district, we , member of Nature club
prepared list of Endangered, endemic, rare, medicinal plants, plants of
cultural importance & orchids, and with letter describing importance of
these plants, in ecosystem, we sent it to Ministry..but what is the
use???...*

*land owner got money doing nothing, businessman got land for low cost and
were profitted*

*and ministry was benefitted too.... *

*Mine is set up right in the' heart of forest' and we have to see 'heaps of
soi'l in the place of beautiful tall trees...** we are helpless...*

*why go so far...every day i have to see people carrying wooden logs for
fuel wood..explaination is..we can't afford to buy fuel gas or kerosine...
i am helpless*

*people are burning leaves under tree..when tried to tell him..he shouted
..its my land and my tree...mind your own business and go now..helpless
again*

*last year when we were enjoying holidays, about 100 year old Jackfruit
tree which was tall and 1+m diameter, with dense canopy was cut down and
converted in to logs, in my school campus..*

*it is so sad, **the tree was my best beloved friend, part of my life,i
could neither eat nor could concentrate on my lecture...**i would have
followed chikoo movement too for my beloved friend*

* but unfortunately, it was holiday..i was helpless*

*this year situation was same, mango tree in school campus are cut  but
fortunately, i reached school to rescue orchids on cut tree which were
still alive...*

*how can i  i wish happy environment day when i am not happy myself*

--
Smita raskar
 308 Disha Residency,