Dear members,
Year 2012 was a great year for efloraofindia.

A few more milestones achieved, as we see it, are given below:
1. Efi site <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/home> really
became a force to reckon with, in its new
format<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/a---l/cl/combretaceae/terminalia/terminalia-bellirica>&
colour
scheme<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/colour-scheme-formatting>&
appeared in top 10 searches for hundreds of species.
2. Added net 250 members taking total beyond 2000
members<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topic/indiantreepix/PA9ywpEg8bw>i.e.
to 2030 members & number of messages went up from 1,01,000 to 1,42,000
(new addition of around 40% as of    1.1.12). Also crossed 5,000
messages<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topic/indiantreepix/o4rNXTQUixM>in
a month.
3. Quality of discussions, photographs & postings improved a lot.
4. Interactions were better managed & cordial with the help of Itpmods
e-group- thanks to the
moderators<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/about-us/moderators>
, The
Pillars<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/about-us/pillars-of-efloraofindia>&
other
major
contributors<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/about-us/major-contributors>
.
5. Family
weeks<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/monthly-family-weeks/2012>organised
by Singh ji were a great draw contributing substantially to the
database & Valley of Flowers episode was the best.
6. Our e-group in its new 'Forum'
avatar<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topic/indiantreepix/TsAVqz-530E>was
a great change after the initial struggle.
7. Additional 1,500 new species added, taking the total to more than 7,500
species<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topic/indiantreepix/pa_Qa2x5o7Q>,
to the efi database of Efi
site<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/home>
.
8. efi person of the
Month<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/best-of-the-month/best-of-the-month/efl-man-women-of-the-month/nominations-201---efl-man-woman>&
Hero
of the family
week<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/general-eposts/general-efi-posts/monthly-famliy-weeks>continued
to give credit & encouragement to the members.

Wish to hear more from our members. I also wish all members of efi family a
very-very happy new year.
The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
alphabetically & place-wise):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2030 members &
1,42,000 messages on 31/12/12) or Efloraofindia website:
https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database
of more than 7500 species).
India'.