Dear Rameshji,

I have learnt and heard that most cacti can be grown by cutting off the
bud, allowing it to scab over and then planting. We are actually trying
that out with some other succulents in my office and have had success with
Jade plants or Crassula ovata. I'm afraid we haven't tried this out on
cacti though google searches say that is how to do it.

Regards,
Janani Eswar
www.artyplantz.com
www.facebook.com/ArtyPlantz

On 2 January 2013 11:52, Ramesh Parthasarathy <psarathy.ram...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Group,
>
> I have been having this cactus with me for over a year now..it has
> started to bud as shown in the picture. I would like to know if these
> buds can be separated from the parent plant and can be grown
> separately?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> Ramesh Parthasarathy
>
> --
> Grow More Trees, Dont use Plastics, Keep your environment clean and
> Green...

Janani Eswar
Rooting to Heal