Surajit ji
Stellaria media (L.) Vill. is based on Alsine media L., and S. monogyna is
a synonym of of it
It would be sufficient to list it as such unless we are also listing a
variant also say for *Stellaria media*  var. *micrantha* (Hayata) T. S. Liu
& S. S. Yingvar. Now we would have two taxa , one the original typical
plant which would get automatically named as Stellaria media (L.) Vill. var
media (an autonym, as it is automatically created so no author name).

In a way when we are listing simply Stellaria media, it means we
are referring  Stellaria media var. media.

Now one of the blunders of The Plant List. It lists *Stellaria media*subsp.
*cupaniana *(Jord. & Fourr.) Nyman; logically whenever such a subspecies
name is created the original type should become *Stellaria media*
subsp. *media,
*and if the two varieties are to be retained they would have names as
*Stellaria
media *(L.) Vill. subsp. *media *var.* media *and* **Stellaria media *(L.)
Vill. subsp. *media *var. * **micrantha* (Hayata) T. S. Liu & S. S. Yingvar.
But then perhaps no one associated with The Plant List knows these basics
of Botanical nomenclature.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://www.gurcharanfamily.com/