I must protest at the "facts" made by Nasrullah Idris.

Nasrullah Idris tells us that he "heard" about the alleged conspiracy
between Israel and Serbia. I found this to be very strange as I recently
spoke to one of the Israeli doctors who served in the Israeli field hospital
in Kosovar. If one saw the welcome by President Clinton in Kosovar one would
have also seen the Israeli flags flying in the background. I didn't see any
Indonesian flags flying. Israel, like Australia and many other countries
took in Kosovar refugees. Can Nasrullah Idris tell us how many refugees
Indonesia accepted?

Strange? Does Nasrullah Idris really believe that Israel is working on both
sides? Why does Nasrullah Idris connect Israel with "Jewish" whilst there
are millions of Muslims who are Israeli citizens?

I suggest that Nasrullah Idris check the Internet, like I did, and I found
the actual article which the email he received, took part of the "facts"
from.

The claim of a "Jewish conspiracy" to undermine developing countries is
unfounded and is commonly found amongst the right-wing, Nazi propaganda
trash. Maybe Nasrullah Idris  cannot get used to the fact that Israel is the
ONLY democratic country in the Middle East and that in a few months
diplomatic relations are to be opened between Indonesia and Israel.

The Kosovar tragedy was not one of just one religion against another. For
me, and most people around the world, it was a crime against humanity which
many, including myself, clearly understood.

I would have hoped that after the barbaric attacks on the  Indonesian
Chinese last year that religious hatreds would have passed by. What about
the attacks between the Moslems and the non-Moslems. I am sorry that it
hasn't stopped. I am more sorry for Nasrullah Idris who spreads such
nonsense and fails to check his facts.

Michael Suss

The article can be found at
http://www.janes.com/defence/features/kosovo/serbsrael.html .

It reads as follows:
The Serbian-Israel connection

ISRAEL has received an urgent Serbian request for military supplies,
according to FOREIGN REPORT's Israeli sources. The Serbian government,
through a senior Israeli diplomat, has presented its shopping list of
military equipment, medicines and credit. The Israeli response is not known.

Military ties between the Israelis and the Serb regime led by Slobodan
Milosevic started in 1992 when a delegation from the Israeli defence
ministry arrived in Belgrade, the Serbian capital, to try to sell arms to
Serbia. According to the report from our sources, which is unconfirmed, a
deal was eventually done for the supply of a large quantity of shells.

The co-operation became closer. About two months ago, some Serbian MiG-21
fighters - an old type but reliable - were flown to Israel. At an air base,
Israeli experts examined the possibility of upgrading the MiGs by
modernising their electronics and weapons. Avionics experts said the MiGs
were too old and suggested that the Serbians buy new models. The MiG's were
flown home.

Arm the enemy?

The Israel-Serbia Connection is bound to be frowned upon by the United
States; it has also been criticised by an Israeli parliamentary committee.
Its members pointed to reports that until 1992 Serbia was the main training
location for the Palestinians.

Two Israeli groups support Serbia. One is the Serbian-Israeli Friendship
Group, which regards Serbia's opposition to Hitler during the second world
war as heroic. The other is the influential arms industry which, in a
shrinking market, is fighting for its survival. Since most of the Serbian
army is equipped with Russian-made weapons, with which the Israelis are
familiar, this looks like a good opportunity. Serbia also has some T-60
tanks in need of updating.

The government need not be involved. Contacts between the two countries have
been made through private businessmen. One of them is Jerusalem-based. Our
sources say the Israelis are weighing the urgent Serbian request for
assistance. On one hand, the Americans and Europeans would be angry. On the
other hand, as our source says, the Israelis think they can get away with
anything as far as the United States government is concerned.

Our prediction: Israel will respond with a substantial proposal, but only
after the crisis is over.