On 27 January 2012 11:07, Mircea Markus <mircea.mar...@jboss.com> wrote:

> On 26 Jan 2012, at 23:04, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>
>> Very nice!
>> All my previous tests also confirm that there is a correlation between PUT
>> and GET performance, when one increases the other goes down.
>>
>> These PUT operations are doing a GET as well, correct? I'd love to see such
>> graphs using SKIP_REMOTE_LOOKUP.
> it is configured with unsafe return values. With safe return, the values
> might get even better...
>> How long are you warming up the VM? As mentioned in the other thread, I've
>> discovered that even under high load it will take more than 15 minutes
>> before all of Infinispan's code is running in compiled mode.
> The warmup is 100k operations, doesn't seem too much.

I'm now experimenting with -XX:CompileThreshold=10 , and it's fairly
warmed up only after 100k Write operations and a million read
operations. And that's all in the same VM!

Maybe you could try RadarGun making sure that each VM runs at least a
million operations in the warmup phase? Maybe it doesn't matter at
all, but I'd measure rather than guess it.
Also your test is different than mine; maybe a better strategy is to
figure out what's your correct warmup by looking at the output of
-XX:+PrintCompilation, and see how long it takes before it's
relatively quiet.