Hey all,

Nearly finished up with cleaning up the compile errors - should be able to run
the test-suite by this afternoon in order to make sure that there aren't any
failures. I was wondering, though, whether the tests in the package
org.infinispan.config.* should still be making use of the deprecated
configuration API? I understand that the point of this migration is to
eliminate the use of org.infinispan.config.Configuration within the test-suite,
but should just these specific tests still be testing the old method?

My personal opinion is that we should still have tests making use of the old
API as long as it does exist in the code-base. Speaking with Tristan on IRC
last week, he mentioned that the org.infinispan.config.* package is likely to
be totally removed in due course. I think that until that does actually happen,
we ought to have tests for that code - deprecated or not.

Thoughts?

Navin Surtani

Software Engineer
JBoss SET