On 9 Sep 2013, at 18:04, Mircea Markus <mmar...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2013, at 11:34 AM, Manik Surtani <msurt...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Guys
>>
>> So one of the proposed plans is to move Infinispan documentation out of
>> Confluence, and store them as AsciiDoc in git alongside the code.  Scripts
>> will be provided to export AsciiDoc to HTML (for web), PDF (for download),
>> possibly even MOBI for Kindles and eBook readers.  As we have different
>> branches for major versions of Infinispan (5.0.x, 5.1.x, etc) docs too will
>> be stored alongside their relevant versions.
>>
>> One question I have is splitting up docs.  Now that we have several
>> different repositories for Infinispan, I presume the docs too will get split
>> up?  Note that this is only for Infinispan 6.0, since prior to Infinispan
>> 6.0, all code was in one single repo.
>>
>> Any thoughts/concerns?
>
> Hmm I'm wondering how would we manage and check documentation reference
> between e.g. a cache store and the page describing passivation. If the
> building tool can handle that than why not. Or are you thinking moving it
> entirely in a new repo?

No, alongside code.

So, for example,

- Main docs: cache loaders, stores, passivation, etc.  Using the FCS as an
example throughout.
- Main docs: details on all cache stores shipped with core.
- Link to http://infinispan.org/downloads/cachestores (doesn't exist yet) for
info on more cache stores that may be available.
- http://infinispan.org/downloads/cachestores lists all cache stores available,
including maven coords, and links to published docs for each of these stores.

Same as above for Hot Rod clients.  WDYT?

- M