On 1 June 2016 at 15:24, Ryan Emerson <remer...@redhat.com> wrote:
> After further discussions on IRC, we have concluded the following:
>
> In shared mode only the primary owner of a key writes to the shared store,
> therefore there is no obvious use-case for having a singleton mode which
> delegates all writes to a single node.

As far as I remember, the *intent* was to allow dealing with stores
which can't handle concurrent writes, i.e. needing a global lock.

We had different CacheStore implementations back then, I guess some of
them might have had exotic limitations.

I don't know which practical use case people had in mind though: it's
likely we already dropped any implementation which could need this
long ago, so no objections about getting rid of it.

Thanks,
Sanne