Hi,

I am currently trying out InfluxDB and really like it so far. My current
test case is rebuilding the top of the book from full market depth. For
this I am using one day of data for seven instruments.

My schema layout is as follows:

tags: sym, side (bid or ask)
fields: price, volume, lvl, noOrders, seqNo
measurement: book

(I am currently using version 0.13)

Coming from a kdb+ background somethings are not 100% clear to me how to
model/design/do them in InfluxDB.
For example I would like to build 1h buckets from the data.

My first naive approach was:

select first(price), last(price), mean(price) from book where time >
'2014-10-06T00:00:00Z' and time < '2014-10-07T00:00:00Z' and sym=abc group
by time(1h)

which did not result in any data. While

select first(price), last(price), mean(price) from book where time >
'2014-10-06T00:00:00Z' and time < '2014-10-07T00:00:00Z' group by time(1h)

does (removing the and sym=abc). Which is not obvious to me why. Further it
generates all ours between those two times - not only the ones for which I
have data. Not saying it is wrong, just confusing for me... :) Is there a
way to avoid this?

But, my real problem is that I cannot put the instrument in the where
condition. Is this related to my schema? Is sym not be allowed to be a tag
in this case?

Best,
Marc

--
Remember to include the InfluxDB version number with all issue reports
---