Hi Nathaniel,

How do I setup email alsert in Kapacitor?

I am getting error - E! smtp service not enabled, cannot send email.

Below are the snippet of Logs, Kapacitor.conf and tick script.

Please help.

Thanks,
Nikhil

*Logs error:*

[trial:alert2] 2016/10/20 19:30:40 E! smtp service not enabled, cannot send
email.

*kapacitor.conf*
[smtp]

  # Configure an SMTP email server

  # Will use TLS and authentication if possible

  # Only necessary for sending emails from alerts.

  enabled = true

  host = "localhost"

  port = 25

  username = ""

  password = ""

  # From address for outgoing mail

  from = ""

  # List of default To addresses.

  to = ["nikhil.agra...@asurion.com"]

  # Skip TLS certificate verify when connecting to SMTP server

  no-verify = false

  # Close idle connections after timeout

  idle-timeout = "30s"

  # If true the all alerts will be sent via Email

  # without explicitly marking them in the TICKscript.

  global = false

  # Only applies if global is true.

  # Sets all alerts in state-changes-only mode,

  # meaning alerts will only be sent if the alert state changes.

  state-changes-only = false

*tick script:*

stream

    |from()

    .measurement('ec.sessionKey.accountKeyView.timer.realm100')

    |alert()

                .crit(lambda: "count" > 5)

        .log('/var/log/kapacitor/trial.log')

.email('nikhil.agra...@asurion.com')

--

*Thanks,Nikhil Agrawal | +1 408 505 8443*

--
Remember to include the version number!
---