Use the non-interactive mode of the CLI:
http://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v1.0/tools/shell/#execute-an-influxql-command-and-quit-with-execute

e.g.

$ influx -execute 'CREATE CONTINUOUS QUERY "cq_tasks_counts" ON "metrics"
BEGIN SELECT count(*) INTO hourlyTasksCounts FROM tasks GROUP BY time(1h),
* END'

You can list the various CQs, RPs, etc with the SHOW queries:
http://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v1.0/query_language/schema_exploration/

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 3:18 PM, <jobl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to create a file that has all of your continuous queries,
> data retentions, and users?  I've looked through the doc and was not able
> to figure it out.
>
> I have the need to create copies of the same influx database for test
> environments and for production
>
> for instances, I have this cq in a file cq.sql that contains this
>
> ----------------------------
> use r1metrics
>
> CREATE CONTINUOUS QUERY "cq_tasks_counts" ON "metrics"
> BEGIN
>   SELECT
>     count(*)
> INTO hourlyTasksCounts
> FROM tasks
> GROUP BY time(1h), *
> END
> ----------------------------
>
> I tried
>
> influx -import -path cq.sql
>
> and it looks like it doesn't like that cq being on multiple lines
>
> Is there a continuation char?  I tried putting \ and that didn't work.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Remember to include the version number!
> ---
> msgid/influxdb/a4a8c5ce-2533-460b-9489-cfd9fc3054ec%40googlegroups.com.

Sean Beckett
Director of Support and Professional Services
InfluxDB

--
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/influxdb/CALGqCvMdhR%3D46d5hKJm3n1YDbAGs3Lw993d7TBJWq3d3i_HKvA%40mail.gmail.com.