I have a case involving using several Telegraf inputs with the same kind of
information as "Total CPU usage" and "Specific_Process CPU usage" over 3 main
platforms (Windows, Linux, macOS). It seems that there are no inputs combining
"per process" and "per system" info and outputting it into single measurement,
so I will have to use "inputs.cpu" and "inputs.procstat". The main problem is
that I will need to do some calculations like comparing per_process and total
info with the same timestamps. And since the InfluxDB doesn't support such kind
of math (https://github.com/influxdata/influxdb/issues/3552) it will results in
extra operations outside the DB that look completely redundant for me.

For Windows I'm using different tool that supports grouping of data into single
measurement (since Telegraf Win Perf Counters input has no such capability) but
it would much better to stay with one service (like Telegraf) for all
platforms, have different inputs and then just group them somehow before
passing into the InfluxDB.

So what will be the best way for such grouping? Are there any capabilities in
Telegraf I've missed to solve this problem?

--
Remember to include the version number!
---