As one of the AFS contacts for my site, I DID get an announcement about
3.6 patch 1 and the availability of Win2K and Solaris 8 support.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 12:42:46PM +0200, Atro Tossavainen wrote:
> Indeed. Patch #1 has been available for over a month.
>
> What is the standard procedure with regard to this? Are Transarc
> supposed to inform customers with support contracts about the
> availability of patches and new versions? How? Email? Post?
> info-afs? alt.filesystems.afs? The FAQ? :-)
>
> Maybe I'm just clueless & witless but I haven't seen an announcement
> on any relevant forum and I'm not impressed. I could have used the
> knowledge a month ago.
>
> --
> Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
> Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,
> +358-9-19158939  UNIX Dinosaur     / employs me, but my opinions are my own.

Antoine Verheijen                  Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CNS Network Services               Phone: (780) 492-9312
University of Alberta              Fax:   (780) 492-1729