What are AFS sites doing for support through IBM?  I need a sanity check.

My last AFS support/maintenance contract only ran 7 months and will expire at
the end of January (IBM would not extend the period of performance past then).
 The pro-rated annual cost for this would have run about $8,000.  But talking
to IBM's Support Line, they're telling me that supporting our 7 servers (3
linux DB servers & 4 Solaris file servers) is now going to cost me $34,000
annually!  -And- if I want product updates I'll have to pay additionally for
software subscriptions.

Are other sites seeing the same thing, or am I just talking to the wrong people
at IBM, or asking for the wrong things (or did Transarc spoil me <g>)?
 Certainly other sites are in the midst of having to work this out.  What's
been your experiences?

Thanks,
--
 Norman Joseph, UNIX Systems Engineer       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        IC|XC
 Concurrent Technologies Corporation         814/269.2633         --+--
                                                                  NI|KA
         ftp://ftp.ctc.com/pub/PGP-keys/joseph.asc

  ***  Do a good deed today.  Visit  http://www.thehungersite.com  ***