Hello all,

I'm having problems using PAM authentication with Cyrus imap.

I'm running : Cyrus Imap 2.0.7, Cyrus SASL 1.5.24, Berkeley DB 3.1.17

What appears to be happening is that Imap isn't paying attention to
/etc/pam.d/imap and always uses sasldb. The username/password specified in
/etc/sasldb authenticates me OK. I've added debugging code to the pam-mysql
module and it seems to never get run.

My imapd.conf is:
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus root
srvtab: /var/imap/srvtab
allowanonymouslogin: no
sasl_passwd_check: PAM

My /etc/pam.d/imap is:
#%PAM-1.0
auth    required        /lib/security/pam_mysql.so host=localhost
database=system user=xxx password=xxx table=users usercol=user_name
passwordcol=user_pass crypt=y

SASL was built with:
./configure --with-pam

Imap was built with:
./configure  --with-auth=unix --without-openssl

Any thoughts, hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Myself and what's left of my sanity thanks you in advance.

Scott