From: "Stephen Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I've inherited a Linux Redhat 6.2 server running Cyrus but without a
working
> administrator password Cyrus or a back door.

To change the administrator password, find the "admin:" line in your
imapd.conf.  Then as root use "passwd <admin user>" to change the
administrator password.  If the Cyrus IMAPd is 1.6+, then you also need to
use "saslpasswd -c <admin user>" to set the administrator password in the
sasldb.db file.

> What is the best way to completely uninstall it?

If it was installed as a RPM then use rpm -e <package name> to remove it.
Otherwise you will have to find all the programs that Cyrus IMAPd installed
and remove them individually.

Scot