unplug wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   Does cyrus use the uid & userpassword of ldap as default for
> authentication??  How about if I change the userpassword to password??
> Cyrus will still work or not??
>
> unplug

Cyrus could care less, it is the module that interfaces ldap (such as
pam_ldap, via pam authentication system) that you should worry about.

If you change the ldap attribute to "password", pam_ldap and nss_ldap
won't work as the attribute "userPassword" is hard coded into the
software for good reason. If you write your own interface to ldap, then
you could use any attribute name.

Why do you want to change perfectly working attribute name?
__
Seva