OK, now it make more sense. I do have couple more quick questions

If I use saslpasswd, where does this database or password file located at?

I have create a mailbox call "dwctest" and I have create an account call
"dwctest" also in my /etc/password.  will my saslpasswd = pwcheck under
imapd.conf, I am still getting auth error.  Any idea

dwc