Jeremy Beker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Dec 27 07:34:51 blackops lmtpd[28232]: DBERROR db3:
>       /var/imap/db/__db.003: Too many open files in system
> Dec 27 07:34:52 blackops lmtpd[28232]: DBERROR: dbenv->open
>       '/var/imap/db' failed: Too many open files in system

What OS are you running? What is your file descriptor limit? Is
/var/imap/db on a reasonably fast disk?

>         What I would like to do is limit the number of copies of deliver (and
> hence lmtpd) that are running at any one time.  If this number is
> exceeded, I want it to refuse delivery, forcing the mail to be queued
> up.  Is this possible?

You should be able to do the limiting via
sendmail. CONNECTION_RATE_THROTTLE will probably do something useful.

>         And is there aby documentation for the /etc/cyrus.conf file available?

There are some sample conf files with the src distribution but I
suspect the best documention are found in the .c and .h files at this
time...

As always, we appreciate any help we can get, including with
documentation.  Naturally, we'd like it if someone would just send us
the documentation but even getting some mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] saying

        . The documentation wasn't clear about [something].

        . I was confued about [something] but eventually figured it
          out by doing [something].

etc. is useful to us.

Walter