Hi All

I have been reading through this listing lately and I have some
comments and questions regarding redundancy and the Cyrus
IMAP server.

I have mostly read that redundancy for cyrus is in its infancy and many
interim solutions exist to help with this problem. A few threads mention
NFS file locking problems, some mention using cold servers and
others mention good RAID storage etc. Most threads I was happy to
read advise on a good backup system.

Does anyone know if the coda distributed file system would help in this
case ? I am new to the coda system and my initial research on it shows
that it may provide the sever replication necessary to achieve redundancy
on a range of cyrus nodes. Whether this would have the same problems
as NFS I am not really sure. I am also unsure if load balancing on these nodes
would be possible using coda.

I think the "mailboxes" file may cause the problems with this system ?

Any ideas, comments..

Regs

Chris Blown
Linux System Admin