> the problem is. If i write a mail to flo[rian]@proescholdt.de
> it is delivered to his mailbox on the server, but the
> redirection from cyrus to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> stays in the queue for nearly half an hour before it is sent
> out.
> The same mail sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] gehts
> out at once. The server does not have any relevant load.
>
> /var/log/mail says
>
> Jan 14 18:38:46 raidserver sendmail[12713]: f0EHC0v12711:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], ctladdr=cyrus (52/12),
> delay=00:26:46, xdelay=00:26:46, mailer=smtp, pri=30812,
> relay=fmrlallmx.t-online.com. [194.25.134.92], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent
> (Message accepted.)
>
> is this a failure or a feature? (bouncing mail)
> And if true is it possible to switch it off?
> I could not find anything about a kind of delay feature in
> the sieve internet draft.

I would suggest it has something to do with hotmail who
run a strange MTA. I have had hotmail messages in the queue for days
before they actully get sent. You might want to try telneting
to each hotmail mx record by hand to see if they are all up???

--
Simon

( hotmail has many mx records all with the same number I presume
 sendmail will only try one and back off )