Scott Pederick wrote:

> G'day,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has done this before. The username format has
> changed from being "<first initial><last name>@xyz.com" to "<first
> name>_<last name>@xyz.com".
>
> Therefore I have to rename a number of mailboxes. The problem is that cyradm
> tells me "renamemailbox: Operation is not supported on mailbox". It doesn't
> seem to be a permissions issue so I'm thinking I'll have to do something
> more low-level (ie. move files, rebuild db's, etc).
>
> If anyone has any advice or can point me in the right direction, it would be
> greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have some user rename code checked-in on a dev branch in CVS which I
trying to put the finishing touches on (primarily file locking) before I
submit it to the list as beta.  If you need this immediately, I can post
the patches with the standard disclaimer.

FYI, I have tested this on my production server (~20 users) without any
problems, but I make SURE that nobody is trying to access any of the
user's mailboxes while doing the rename.  You must also note that this
is a fairly expensive operation, since it requires renaming all of the
mailboxes, renaming the seen state and quota files and modifying the
ACLs and subscriptions.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127