I created a patch a long time ago (around 1.5.16) that allows an
administrator to set up their server so that INBOXes are automatically
created upon IMAP login.  It seems to still work with a few mods under
the 2.0.* line.

Basically, it requires autocreatequota to exist in imapd.conf, and if it
does, it creates a user's INBOX when he SELECTs it.  If you don't want
quotas, you can set autocreatequota to -1.  Specifically, it doens't
work for the POP server, but that was somewhat intentional when I wrote
it, as I was trying to get folks not to use POP.

First, I was wondering if the same feature had already been added in, as
I haven't been following the development very closely lately.

Second, if it's not, would anyone be interested in seeing a patch
against 2.0.11?

-Bitt