ah> Christopher,
ah> Sorry to inform you, but since I am using a very recent snapshot
ah> of postfix it does support lmtp "out of the box" as it were.
ah> And as I stated in my email, I am using lmtp directly via the
ah> socket interface...  (there's authentication issues if you try
ah> to use a tcp connection, so I chose the socket method instead)

Note, you have to configure Postfix carefully if you wish to take
advantage of the single instance message store features of Cyrus.
Basically, you'll want to use a transport map entry for delivery,
and not local_transport or mailbox_transport.  That's because the
local delivery agent will only deliver to one recipient at a time.
The transport map, on the other hand, does not have this
limitation.

--
Amos