A few questions here. We have been running 1.6.24 in a hacked for so that we can have
virtual
users with username as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Our hacked form went through the input
and
converted any '.'s in the username to '+'.  So in imap from:
1 LOGIN [EMAIL PROTECTED] pass

would be translated to allan@freeview+com.

The allan@freeview+com showed up in everything cyrus did.  I also had a TCL front end
to the cyradm TCL program to do the conversion for me, so the only place you'd see a
+com
would be in cyrus.

Anyways :), I'm trying to upgrade to 2.0.11.  I am able to login fine and list
mailboxes, except I've
noticed a few new things with the LMTP.  Here are the questions.

1. Why does LMTP tack on the '+' and then nuke from that to EOL in the verify_user
function ?
        What significance does the '+' have in the LMTP?  If it's needed,
        I'll need to use another character for the '+com' :)

lmtpd.c verify_user() :
        if (strlen(user) > sizeof(buf)-10) {
            r = IMAP_MAILBOX_NONEXISTENT;
        } else {
            strcpy(buf, "user.");
            strcat(buf, user);
            plus = strchr(buf, '+');
            if (plus) *plus = '\0';
            r = mboxlist_lookup(buf, NULL, NULL, NULL);

2. Also, in the LMTP code, the domain is always stripped off the email address and it
says "Getting Domain"
        in comments around code.  What does the domain portion have to do with LMTP.

Hopefully I can still make Cyrus work how I want it too :).  Any warnings?  Most users
use POP and we have
a couple IMAP accounts.

TIA,
  -Allan