Please can someone help me with this as I am cannot spend any more time on
trying to
get a Postfix/CyrusIMAP system running ......

After spending weeks battling with DB3/SASL/CyrusIMAP on a test machine and
finally having success and methodically build the software on our production
machine
only to come across the error below ...

Both production and testbed machine are running Redhat 6.2

gcc -c -I. -I.. -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -O
\
cyrusMasterMIB.c
gcc -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib /usr/lib/libpopt.a -g -O2  -o
mas
ter master.o masterconf.o
cyrusMasterMIB.o -lucdagent -lucdmibs -lsnmp -ldl -lfl
 -ldb   -lcom_err
/usr/bin/../lib/librpm.so.0: undefined reference to `poptParseArgvString'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [master] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/sysdev/webmail/cyrus-imapd-2.0.12/master'
make: *** [all] Error 1

The reference it is complaining about is defined in part of the popt package
and
exists in /usr/include/popt.h and /usr/lib/libpopt.a

Using a configure command of

env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include" \
LDFLAGS="/usr/lib/libpopt.a" ./configure --without-openssl

Doesn't seem to help ...

What on earth is the problem ...

I have searched through the archive and someone has suggested that this
problem
did not exist with RedHat 6.2 prior to CyrusIMAP 2.0.8, unfortunately
however
I need the specific ip binding feature which I understand only exist in
2.0.10
onwards.

I am very, very patient but cannot believe the complexity and number of
dependant
packages required to compile and configure CyrusIMAP.

Please help .....

Regards,

Phil,

Technimode Ltd,