On Mon, Mar 05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am running cyrus 2.0.12 on Linux 2.2.16 (SuSE 7.0) with sasl 1.5.24
>
> I authenticate with pam to /etc/shadow.
>
> After booting the system it is not possible to connect via IMAP.
>
> I restart the master with the scripts used during booting and after that all
> is well functioning.

Just noticed, that I get the same message on the startup of my machine:

Mar  9 08:09:11 bad master: unable to change limit of file descriptors available

But I am able to login. And I also use startproc to start the master
process. I have now further idea, what may be the problem on your 7.0
machine. I am using a 7.1 based system.

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger