That's a good point, you can't create a mailbox/subfolder that has a
slash in it.  I've found, however, that the ability to have a dot
outweighs the loss of the slash.

If you want you could simply edit the patch, it's basically a unified
diff so you shouldn't have any problem going through it and changing the
slashes to any other character you want. =)

-David