-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Amos Gouaux
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2001 9:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Where to do account management in SASL?

m> It would thus be reasonable for Cyrus SASL to provide other facilities
m> related to authentication.  This is possible now to a limited extent
m> if Cyrus SASL uses pwcheck and PAM for authentication, but not if it
m> uses sasldb.  I was looking for a more general solution, and a place
m> in the Cyrus SASL to insert it.

Hmmm... I wonder if there could be a pam_sasldb.so PAM module.  That
way you could just use the PAM infrastructure (specifically the
'account' service) for controlling access, but yet use this
pam_sasldb.so module for the 'auth' service.  Maybe the calls to the
sasldb routines could just be placed into this pam_sasldb.so module?
Or is that just too weird....

--
Amos