Hy!

 Are you sure the SASL libs are in place? I think they're placed in
/usr/local/lib, but that might not be in /etc/ld.so.conf (in Linux systems). If
this is done, then you need to run ldconfig.

 If that doesn't help maybe you could try strace-ing the imapd process.

 And a maybe faster test (well, this is an alternative):

 $ telnet 127.0.0.1 143
 * OK isserver Cyrus IMAP4 v1.6.24 server ready
 . LOGIN usernamehere passwordhere  <-- write this line, starting with the .
 . OK User logged in
 . LOGOUT <-- and this

On 23-May-2001 Andrew Kirilenko wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've problems with authentication :(
> Can somebody help me with this problem? It's really urgent and important!
>
> Here's log:
> cyrus@isserver:/home/iced$ imtest -p imap -m login localhost
> C: C01 CAPABILITY
> S: * OK isserver Cyrus IMAP4 v1.6.24 server ready
> S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
> X-NON-HIERARCHICAL-RENAME NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT ID
> S: C01 OK Completed
> Password: Terminated
> cyrus@isserver:/home/iced$
> cyrus@isserver:/home/iced$ imtest -p imap -m login localhost
> C: C01 CAPABILITY
> S: * OK isserver Cyrus IMAP4 v1.6.24 server ready
> S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
> X-NON-HIERARCHICAL-RENAME NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT ID
> S: C01 OK Completed
> Password:
> + go ahead
> L01 NO Login failed: generic failure
> Authenticated.
> Security strength factor: 0
> . logout
> * BYE LOGOUT received
> . OK Completed
> Connection closed.
> cyrus@isserver:/home/iced$

| Noll Janos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | http://www.johnzero.hu |
| "Expect the unexpected!"    | ICQ# 4547866 |  Linux rulez! |