Stuart Clark wrote:

> All,
>
> Here is my solution to my original post (when i accidently assumed the alias CYRUS
>LIST :)
>
> I have since used the UW mail tools (imap-utils.tar.Z), which does need you to have
>the c-client source from the UW IMAP server (imap-2000c.tar.Z), compiled but not
>installed. These are from ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/imap/ . I have a slightly
>modified the imapxfer program to take username/password for source and dest IMAP
>servers on the command line:
>
> usage: ./imapxfer "{source_host}prefix" "souce_username" "source_passwd"
>"{destination_host}prefix" "dest_username" "dest_passwd
>
> The "{host}prefix" syntax is from the UW c-client.
>
> The only problem I have noticed, is that it opens the source IMAP server as
>READ-ONLY, but then tries to set the /SEEN flag on retrieval of the message, and thus
>generates a permission denied message on STDERR.  All flags get copied across fine.
>This program also has the advantage over the stalker.com tool (MoveIMAPMail), in that
>it will copy the contents of a folder when the folder already exists on the dest host.

Stuart, thanks for the information.
I too am workign with imapxfer, the purpose being to transfer email from an existing
Netscape Messaging server to the Cyrus-based SusE email server.

One problem I have encountered is that the Cyrus Imap server does not permit /authuser
access.
So, I cannot authenticate as the administrative user to transfer mail to the Cyrus
system.

I've written a Perl script which sets the user passwords to a default, know value on
both servers in orfder to do this transfer.

How do other people handle this situation please? Any tips are welcome!

John Hearns