>Sorry to be off-topic.
>Stuart Clark's last post mentioned Stalker Software.
>We are currently evaluating new mail servers, especially the
>Cyrus-based SuSE Email server.
>
>Can I ask what the opinions are on Communigate Pro from Stalker?

We are currently using the Cyrus IMAP server and the Eudora mail
client.  We have been evaluating CGPro because it fully supports the
use of NFS filesystems for the mailstore.

One problem we have found is that CGPro uses a "Personal Mailbox"
namespace model (as defined in RFC-2342).  Cyrus uses a "Complete
Heirarchy" model, which means that if somebody gives you access to
one of their mailboxes, it will automatically show up on your mailbox
list next time you refresh it.  With the CGPro setup, it does not,
and there is no way to even tell Eudora how to get to it.  CGPro's
way to get around this is for the user who wants to access the shared
mailbox to create an alias to it, using the CGPro web-based user
interface.  That makes it appear as if it's in the user's own mailbox
tree.  The web interface, although powerful, does not seem
user-friendly to us - it is not obvious at all how to even find the
web page to create aliases.  We have a lot of users sharing
mailboxes, we like to keep things simple for our users, and this
appears to be a big jump in complexity.  I would be interested in
what other sites are doing (and I have gotten no response from
Stalker's mailing list).

A less severe but annoying problem is that their "vacation"
auto-reply feature does not keep track of who it has replied to, so
that every piece of mail sent to the vacationer gets a reply.

--
Larry M. Rosenbaum                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Network Computing Services group