Amos Gouaux wrote:

> km> I have code which does this as part of my unfinished user-rename patch,
>
> Oh, this would sure be nice to have.  :-)

The user-rename stuff, the code which deletes user meta-data, or both?

I posted the user-rename patch a while ago (check the archives), but I
would still consider it beta, even though it is completely functional.
The only thing that I'm worried about is the fact that the code doesn't
lock the meta-data files before copying the contents (I'm waiting for
some cyrusdb code which does so), so it is possible that stuff could get
mangled if the user is still logged in with the old username and/or
jumps in with the new username before the copy is done.  If you make
sure that the user is not and can not log in until after the rename,
then the code is fine.

Ken
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127