Hi everyone,

I also run into signal 11. But it happens when I try to access the
mailserver through imap only. imapd gets signaled to death by 11, when I
connect to it with a "fresh" imap-client, that is, a client which has no
information about the folder structure yet. I only have one client, that is
a w2k with netscape, that can access the imap server without any problems,
but this client was configured over a year ago and knows the folder
structure. Other users can access their mails through pop3 without any
problems. I also have another user who uses an outlook mailclient with imap
and he can also download his mails without any problems, but his folder
structure is also known for over a year.

I saw that many of the processes, which are invoked by master, can have a -d
option for debug. But unfortunately imapd does not seem to have such an
option. I'd like to know what happens there since I really want to access my
mails from another client (which is linux), but imapd dies in the moment any
"fresh" client (mozilla, netscape, evolution) looks up for mail folders.

Do you have any suggestions?

I am positive that the hardware is okay, I tested it and especially the
server's RAM last week for over 48h and the server is in production for
month now, so I assume it has to do something with cyrus.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Bye,
 Levent.