Hi Larry,
I just have a couple questions regarding the Cyrus::IMAP::Admin and
Cyrus::SIEVE::managesieve perl modules.
They are so very much different in their implementations and I just have a
couple of issues with them.
The Imap module works fine in CGI applications for PLAIN or LOGIN
authentication since I can send the password as a parameter but this does'nt
work with DIGEST-MD5 or CRAM-MD5.  The passwords dont get passed properly to
the sasl library and I get an authentication error in the message log and
the perl module gives me a "Virtual Memory exhausted at ...IMAP.pm line
125".
Of course if I don't send the -password parameter to the authenticate
procedure then SASL comes back, asks for the password and authenticates me
fine. (which is'nt useful for non-console apps.).  I still get the "virtual
memory" error if I enter the wrong password.

As to the managesieve module, it's a different story.  I can pass the user,
realm and password to the connection and get authenticated fine in
DIGEST-MD5 BUT I cannnot select the mechanism of authentication.  It is
selected by the perl module according the Availability of the remote
timsieved daemon.   Two very different methods with their own sets of
difficulties..  Just not sure why they were implemented so very differently.

My question then is there a way using perl and the existing modules to pass
all the authentication parameters to these modules to eliminate prompting
for passwords?

Hope I'm not asking for the impossible, just that this would make these
modules so much more useful.  I'd rather stick to using the facilities
provided by Cyrus::Imap for all interfacing.

Thanks..
Alain Turbide
info