Since you're using LMTP to the lmtpd socket, you don't have to do anything
special at all. Define the "local mailer" in your .mc file as cyrus. It can
handle both 'user', 'user+subbox' or '+shared_folder' as left-hand-sides
and deliver all of them correctly. You can even use any of these 3 as the
right-hand-side of an alias if you wish.