My users often need to migrate from HotMail, so I tell them to use Outlook
Express to drag the message from HotMail's WebDav folder to our IMAP folder.
This would all be fine, except that OE keeps the 'From ' line when it does
the copy, which Cyrus rejects as an invalid header (which is fair enough).

As a short term solution I've removed the check from message.c so that these
messages get accepted (try doing that with a closed source solution! ;-). A
better option would be to have the option to specifically ignore the 'From '
header. I know procmail users amongst others have this same problem (based
on browsing Google's Usenet archive), so although it's not strictly
'correct' it would help a lot of people out.

My questions are:
 - What is the downside of my patch that removes the check for invalid
header chars?
 - Could we add a compile time or imap.conf option to ignore 'From '
headers?
 - Is there an easier way to avoid this problem?

Thanks for any suggestions,
  Jeremy