Cyrus Gurus,

I have been running Cyrus v2.0.14-NAMESPACE-r3 in a production system for the past 5
days now.  During the last two of these days, the imapd server has stopped to respond
on 4 occasions.  By this I mean that, the master process is running, and child imapd
and pop3d processes are all listed in a process listing, but a telnet to port 143 will
not bring up the usual banner and imapd greeting after the connection IS established.

I am luckily around or a phone call away, to kill the master process and restart it
again, which starts allowing connections and sessions again.

The logs with the standard suggested settings in syslog.conf, contain no information
at all. I do have CYRUS_VERBOSE=9 defined in my env before running the master process.

I have just changed local6.debug to local6.* to see if I am missing out on extra
little messages, it does seem produce more info.

I have no core files around, and my ulimit -c reports 1000000.  Is there any way to do
some diagnostics the next time this happens??  One time I sent a kill -SIGSEGV to
master, but it did not core, and I was unable to restart it again because master could
not bind any ports.

Using Redhat 7.1, Linux 2.2.19, Sendmail 8.11.4, Cyrus v2.0.14-NAMESPACE-r3, and there
are over 100 clients using this production system.

Thanks in advance,  Stuart