At 13:04 06/07/01 -0500, Adi Linden wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Has there been any work done to build a web administration frontend to
>Cyrus IMAP with LDAP authentication?
>
>I am working on such an animal but would prefer not to reinvent it if
>there's something I can adapt and contribute to.

I've done this kind of work. My administration frontend allows the following :
- create/update/delete domain within ldap directory
- create/update/delete mailserver within ldap directory
- create/update/delete useraccount within ldap directory and cyrus Imap
- create/update/delete mailinglist within ldap directory
- rules to generate email addresses ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
- rules to generate mailbox name
- developped in perl
- allow mail redirection to non Cyrus Imap servers
- running trough Webmin framework allowing multilingual support and ssl
   encryption
- fully user documented (sorry in french only for the moment)

It runs smoothly at the moment with :
- openldap
- cyrus 2.0.7
- postfix
- pam ldap (or with sasl_ldap patch)
- webmin > 0.80

This administration frontend named MailAdmin (not very original) is currently
in version 0.4.0. It is derivated from Attif Ghaffar ispman.
I kept Attif's ldap structure but changed all the interface to make
the frontend more corporate oriented (was developped to get rid of
NT Exchange) and to allow poorly qualified people to administrate
mailboxes.

You can download it at :
ftp://ftp.temperance.org/pub/MailAdmin-0.4.tar.gz

Next release will be under GPL.

--
Bernard FRIT