"Kevin J. Menard, Jr." wrote:

> Hey Adi,
>
> Friday, July 06, 2001, 5:06:36 PM, you wrote:
>
> AL> Hi Kevin,
>
> AL> When I tried the pam_ldap authentication method I experienced a 'weird'
> AL> phenomena.
>
> AL> When trying to authenticate with a proper username and password I would
> AL> get the same 'signaled to death by 11' log message. However, if I used an
> AL> improper password first and the re-tried with a proper password I was able
> AL> to connect just fine.
>
> Hmm . . . same thing here.  Aggravating.
>
> AL> I've since given up (lack of my debugging knowledge) and switched to the
> AL> ldap_mysql patch. I am still interested in the solution of this problem,
> AL> though.

[...]

Hi,

i have had exatly the same problem described in this thread. But it only
occurred in a certain combination of pam_ldap and the ldap-libraries
against which pam_ldap was linked at compile time. When pam_ldap was
linked against the libraries from openldap 2.x, the mentioned problem
occurred, but i was successfull when linking pam_ldap against the
libraries from openldap 1.x or from the netscape ldap sdk v4.1. I have
now a running configuration with:

openldap 2.0.11
cyrus imap 2.0.14
cyrus sasl 1.5.24
pam_ldap-82 linked against netscape ldap sdk 4.1

Perhaps this could be a solution.

Regards,

Philipp

--
Philipp Sacha                 |  Bosch Telecom GmbH
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    |  Broadband Network Operations