Without knowing the reasons for why your are trying to chroot
cyrus, it is difficult to comment. I am not quite sure if chrooting
is relevant or is necessary at all for cyrus-imap!

>From a security point of view cyrus is well designed to stay in
private ip space and serve the users. What you may want to do
is to allow interaction to cyrus via web interface, using for example
imp from www.horde.org or similar other applications.
__
Seva