hi,

i've made a mistake here... i forgot to mention that to make this work
the way you want, you should have the accounts that you want to delegate
management in separate cyrus partitions and make the cyrus.conf access
only those partitions. besides this, the new cyrus will have access to
the mailboxes file (or db) so this is not good :(

imho the only to do this is to have separate config-dir's too, making it
(almost) a new instalation of cyrus in the same machine.

any other ideas?

regards,
nuno silva

p.s. another solution is to make a simple web interface that let's some
users manage accounts that match some criteria. this interface will then
perform actions as "cyrus admin".