Quoting Chris Audley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, who wrote:
> Why is this?  None of the MTAs I've tested are case sensitive in the

Because domain's are case-insensitive, according to the DNS RFCs, and the
interpretation of the local-part of an address is completely up to the end
system, accorging to RFC [2]822. I don't know about the common MTAs, but
there is nothing preventing two users having the names Sam and sam on a unix
system, other than common sense.

--
Sam Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (Vivez sans temps mort!)