Hey Devdas,

Tuesday, July 24, 2001, 2:58:08 AM, you wrote:

>> o A config switch for imapd.conf.
DB> I know, this is somewhere in the pipeline.

Cool :)

>> o A way to interact with HIERSEP code base so that the rewrite of '.' to '='
>> is conditional on whether or not '.' are allowed.
DB> Probably needs an ifdef somewhere. I need to look at the HIERSEP
DB> codebase first. AFAIK, my changes don't affect HIERSEP, but I may be
DB> wrong.

Shouldn't affect it.  But no need to map '.' to '=' if it is a valid
character.

>> o A remap in lmtp for '@'.
DB> To allow for creating a mailbox like user@domain? I really don't like
DB> such mailboxes, because it overloads the @ from being a separator
DB> between mailbox and domain in RFC2822 addresses to being just another
DB> character.

Well, the '@' is already a valid character for mailboxes.  What I'd like to
see done, is if you set up postfix to deliver to [EMAIL PROTECTED]@localhost,
which I believe is RFC compliant, postfix will hand off [EMAIL PROTECTED] to
lmtp.  Then there, it would be cool for lmtp to say, "Ok, deliver mail to
domain.com/user".

--
 Kevin