I believe on certain systems there's a race condition (well, race is a
wrong word, more like a kernel feature ;) between select and accept:

It is possible that select() will return filehandle as readable, but an
accept on it will fail with 'socket not connected'.

There's been much discussion on linux/bsd lists as far as what's correct
implementation of such situation (RST from client received between select
and accept), but in general, this is totally harmless.  Your client
disconnected before its request could be accepted.

-alex